In many of my previous articles, I have talked about how you can carry out a proper online transaction with your card and other payment alternatives. In this article, I want to tell you some of the major online transaction checklists that you need to consider when it comes to making transactions online. Follow me as we are going to look at that in this article.
Here are some of the checklists…
- Never respond to unsolicited email offers or respond to information.
- Use browser filters that warn about reported phishing sites and block access to the address
- Register for the bank mobile SMS alert service to get an alert whenever there is any transaction on your account.
- Protect yourself from identity theft
- Always check the address bar for the correct URL
- Always check the website certificate, SSL padlock, and https.
- Regularly update your operating system and other installed applications
- Ensure that you have the latest browser installed on your system
- Ensure that you are connected to a secured network when using a wireless network.
- Regularly scan your system for viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, key loggers, and other malware using updated anti-virus software.
- Use strong passwords for all online transactions and keep them changing at regular intervals.
- Use a virtual keyboard to enter sensitive information.
- Do not perform online transactions from public systems.
- Always completely log off after performing an online transaction.
PS: If you would like to have an online course on any of the courses that you found on this blog, I will be glad to do that on an individual and corporate level, I will be very glad to do that because I have trained several individuals and groups and they are doing well in their various fields of endeavour. Some of those that I have trained include the staff of Dangote Refinery, FCMB, Zenith Bank, and New Horizons Nigeria among others. Please come on Whatsapp and let’s talk about your training. You can reach me on Whatsapp HERE. Please note that I will be using Microsoft Team to facilitate the training.
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Fact Check Policy
CRMNIGERIA is committed to fact-checking in a fair, transparent and non-partisan manner. Therefore, if you’ve found an error in any of our reports, be it factual, editorial, or an outdated post, please contact us to tell us about it.