In my previous article, I talked about some of the facts that you need to understand when it comes to email security for users. In this article, I want to talk about some of the facts that you need to understand when it comes to some of the great cautions for email attachments. Follow me as we are going to look at that together in this article.
Email attachments are one of the major email security threats as they offer attackers some of the easiest and most powerful ways to attack PC.
Most malicious attachments install a virus, Trojan, spyware, or any other kind of malware code as soon as you open them.
Here are some of the cautions that you need to take when it comes to email attachments.
- You need to save and scan all email attachments before you open them.
- You have to check if the email is from one of your contacts before you even try and open them.
- You also have to check if the email was coming from the right source.
- Never open an email with an attachment from an unknown source
- Do not open attachments with suspicious file extensions such as .exe, .vbs, .bat, .ini, .com, .pif, and .zzx among others.
Do you enjoy this article, add Our Posts to your Reading List.
To Get Email Updates when we post new contents, Click Here.