Why do Soldiers wear uniforms in battle?
The answer is simple. It is principally to distinguish between friends and foes. I mean friends will wear the same uniform, and then enemies will wear the same uniform.
Why must a disciple be distinguishingly branded for Christ? Because they want to be identified with Jesus Christ. For example, in Acts 4:13, the Bible says when they observed the boldness of Peter and John, they took knowledge of them that they had were with Jesus.
They saw that these people were special and branded for Christ. In Acts 11:26, the Bible says the disciples were first called Christ in Antioch. People saw something about them.
They said “These people are like Christ. Therefore, let us call them Christians. They are like Christ, they behave like Christ. Then in Galatians 6:17, Paul said something there: “From henceforth let no man trouble me, for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus Christ.
You will remember the story in Acts 19:13-16 when some vagabonds said they wanted to cast out demons. And they said to the Demons, “We command you in the name of Jesus which Paul Preaches. Come out!
The demons answered and made a very significant statement. They said, “Jesus I know and Paul I know also. Demons can recognize those who carry the mark of Jesus on their body.Why must we be clearly branded for Christ? Why must the identification be there? Why must the soldier of the cross wear uniforms that will show the enemy that these ones belong to Christ?
It is so that the fire, the bullet of God will not hit his own. You know when two armies are fighting, if you are a soldier of a particular army, and then you see somebody that is wearing the same uniform as yourself, you will not fire at such a person. You will fire at the enemy.
Now in the same manner, in spiritual armies, the Army of God is fighting against the enemies and if the enemy cannot distinguish between those who belong to God and those who belong to them, or rather if Jesus Christ can not see you clearly as you belonging to him then, the soldier can fire at you.
Before God begins to fire His bullet, He will say, first of all, let us identify those who belong to me.
EXAMPLES OF THOSE THAT WERE BRANDED FOR GOD
For example in Revelation 7:1-3, the Bible says:“And after these things, I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth nor on the sea, nor on any tree. And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God, and he cried with a loud voice to the angels, to whom it was given to hurt not the earth, neither the sea nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads,”
The angels were telling all the other angels before we began our operation, let us identify those who belong to our God.
2. You will remember in Exodus 12:12-13, God told Moses, “Tell the children of Israel, mark your house with blood, before the Angel of death begins to pass through. When I see the blood, I will pass over”. If there was any child of Israel of any family of Israel , that did not mark their house on that day, when the angel of death was passing by, as soon as he saw the house without blood, he will just go in and kill the first born.
God wants anyone who belong to him to be sealed, to be branded.
3. And what about Rahab in Joshua 2:17-19? When Joshua sent his spies to go and spy Jericho, and they got to the house of the harlot, they said unto her , we will spare you and every one in this house, provided there is a red ribbon on the window and all members of this family are within this house that is specially marked. They will escape death, but if they dont come to this house and they die where they are, dont blame us.
4. What about the case of Moses? In Exodus 32:26-28, when he went to collect the Ten Commandments, and before he came back, the children of Israel were already worshipping idols.
All these people who worship idols should die. Before we begin to kill them, let us find out those on the Lord’s side, So, Moses stood and cried “Who is on the Lord’s side?” Let them come to me and the Bible says all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together. It is only then is now said the judgment can begin on idol worshippers.
5. Also in Numbers 16:19-35, something happened. There was a group of people, Korah, Dathan and Abiram. They said “Moses, what are you trying to do? You said you are the Prophet, Aaron your brother is the Priest, your sister Mariam is the Choir Mistress . Why? You want to turn the whole nation of Israel to family business ? Who told you that we too cannot hear from God? So, Moses got angry , and said, “God, I hope you heard them? God said, “I heard them . But before I judge, you tell them, all those who are on the side of Korah, Dathan and Abiram, go ahead and stay with them. But those who are not in support of what you have said. Please come to the side of the Lord. And they did. Separation came, the ground opened his mouth and swallowed all the people and all their supporters.
6. The same thing happened in the case of Balak in Numbers 25:1-5. When the children of Israel began to fornicate with the children of Balak, when they began to mix with the children of Moab before the diseases started that killed those thousands. God already separated those who were not involved.
There is a great reason why we must be clearly branded for Christ. It is either you bear the mark of Christ or you bear the mark of Anti Christ.
Revelations 13:16-18 , talking about Anti Christ, said,
“And he causeth all, both small and great , rich and poor , free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand or in their foreheads. And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beasts; for it is the number of a man, and his number is Six hundred three score and six”.
Brethren, as disciples of Jesus Christ, everything about us must be clearly distinctive, showing that we belong to Jesus Christ. The way we dress, the way we talk, everything about us. People must be able to look at us and say “This is a Christian. If you are covered with the blood of the Lamb, the bullet of the devil cannot hit you. And if the bullet of the devil has hit you before, you can go to Jesus, and he will remove the bullet. But if the bullet of Jesus hits you, who will help you? So, you should be branded for Christ.
It is better to talk to Him now. “Lord, in everything from my head to toe, my body, soul,, and spirit, I want to be branded for Christ”.
“Exciting news! CRMNuggets is now on WhatsApp Channels 🚀 Subscribe today by clicking the link and stay updated with the latest Tech and SEO/Cyber Security related articles among others !” Click here!
PS: I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We would appreciate it if you could drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Fact Check Policy
CRMNuggetsis committed to fact-checking in a fair, transparent, and non-partisan manner. Therefore, if you’ve found an error in any of our reports, be it factual, editorial, or an outdated post, please contact us to tell us about it.
Hi, I now use RavenBank to send, receive,, and save money. I also pay my bills with ease, you should try it out too
To create well-reached content that will increase the intellectual prowess of our readers.
To become a reference point in the blogging space by the year 2030. We want to be among the first 30 blogs in Nigeria.
Official Social Media Pages for crmnuggets.com
To Get Email Updates when we post new content, Click Here.
Join Our Telegram Channel: CRMNUGGETS
|Fact Check Policy|