Break The Yoke Of Poverty. RCCG Sunday School Manual.
Memory Verse:” All the brethren of the poor do hate him: how much more do his friends go far from him? he pursueth them with words, yet they are wanting to him”- Prov. 19:7.
Bible Passage: Prov. 6:9-11
Generally, poverty can be described as a state of being extremely poor. Poverty can take different forms, mental, spiritual, material or financial. In the context of material/financial possessions, poverty is said to exist when people lack the means to satisfy their basic needs. Scriptures clearly state that even the brethren of the poor hate him (Prov. 19:7) and that poverty can destroy the poor (Prov. 10:15). What then causes poverty and can a believer break free from it?
- CAUSES OF POVERTY
2. BREAKING FREE FROM POVERTY
CAUSES OF POVERTY
While poverty can be in categories or degrees , several factors can be responsible for it.
- Personal attitudes which includes laziness/idleness (Prov. 18:4; 19:15); poor work ethics (Proverbs 14:23; 1 Thess. 3:10); lack of self-discipline (Prov. 12:27); stubbornness (Proverbs 13:18); drunkenness and gluttony (Prov. 23:21); worldliness and frivolous pursuits (Prov. 21:17; 38:19); limitation mentality (Prov. 32:7a) etc.
- Natural disasters (famine, flood etc)- Gen. 12:10, health challenges (Mark 5:25-26), fire outbreaks (Job 1:16), daeth of a benefactor (2 Sam. 4:4).
- Oppression of others . Examples of oppression that can cause poverty include delayed wages (Lev. 19:13; 1 Timothy 5:18), exorbitant interest rate on loans (Ex. 22:25).
- Spiritual causes of poverty include the repercussion of sin (Deuteronomy 28:15-21) and wrong spiritual concepts as some believers equates poverty to holiness.
BREAKING FREE FROM POVERTY
You need to discover your purpose for living and diligently pursue it (Prov. 22:29). Gather sufficient information on how to improve yourself in your chosen career, vocation, or trade. (Prov. 18:15; 24:4). Be intentional about creating multiple streams of income (Eccl. 11:2). Find a problem around you that you can solve that will earn you good money. Acquire additional skills ; re-skill and up-skill (Prov. 9:9). Believe in yourself and have the “I can” attitude (Phil. 4:13).
Essentially, breaking free from poverty requires giving (Prov. 11:24); pay your tithes and offerings (Mal. 3:10-12), first fruit (Prov. 3:9-10), and give to those that are less privileged. Pray and study the word of God to know His perfect will for you in all your life’s endeavours (Ps. 37:23). Stop living in debts , borrow only to invest (Prov. 22:7).
Poverty is not pre-destined, therefore, change your mindset towards material wealth knowing that God gives the ‘power’ to get wealth (Deut. 8:18).
- Mention four (4) factors responsible for poverty.
- How can believers break free from poverty?
Give five (5) dangers of poverty (2×5=10 Marks).
PS: If you would like to have an online course on any of the courses that you found on this blog, I will be glad to do that on individual and corporate level, I will be very glad to do that I have trained several individuals and groups and they are doing well in their various fields of endeavour. Some of those that I have trained includes staffs of Dangote Refinery, FCMB, Zenith Bank, New Horizons Nigeria among others. Please come on Whatsapp and let’s talk about your training. You can reach me on Whatsapp HERE. Please note that I will be using Microsoft Team to facilitate the training.
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Fact Check Policy
CRMNUGGETS is committed to fact-checking in a fair, transparent and non-partisan manner. Therefore, if you’ve found an error in any of our reports, be it factual, editorial, or an outdated post, please contact us to tell us about it.
Become Part Of our Fan Base on Facebook. Click Here.
Follow Us on Twitter. Click Here.
Many Crypto. One place. Use Roqqu
Hi, I now use RavenBank to send, receive and save money. I also pay my bills with ease, you should try it out too