OPENING PRAYER: Father, please help me to give thanks and rejoice in every season.
PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: The leader should appreciate members for ensuring house fellowship meeting holds throughout the last redeemed calendar year, despite the pandemic and lockdown. Also, especially appreciate all the host for allowing the ark of God continually in their homes.
MEMORY VERSE: “In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:18
BIBLE TEXT: Acts 16:20-26 (KJV)
20 And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city,
21 And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans.
22 And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them.
23 And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely:
24 Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.
25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.
26 And suddenly there was a great earthquake so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one’s bands were loosed.
God Almighty is happy whenever you rejoice in him and give him thanks but he is happier and can move to intervene when we rejoice and thank him in lockdown situations. Situations of lockdown have different dimensions and could come in both physical and spiritual colourations.
LESSON AIM: To believers to hold the Fort through a life of thanksgiving and situations.
ii. know that God got times and seasons in his hands.
TEXT REVIEW: Acts 16:20-26
i. Every time is the best to give thanks.
ii. creative miracles occur during thanksgiving.
TEACHING METHOD: use an interactive/discussion method.
TIME MANAGEMENT: Share the teaching time using the suggested time schedule.
LESSON OUTLINES: There is one outline:
THREE LOCKDOWN SITUATIONS REQUIRE REJOICING AND THANKSGIVING.
- when in captivity like Paul and Silas- Acts 16:20-26.
- when denied access or frustrated like Joshua and the Israelites before the wall of JERICHO Joshua 6:1-20.
- when the enemies come attacking like the case of King Jehoshaphat and the people of judge. 2 chronicles 20:1-23.
God Almighty certainly TURNED AROUND the three situations above in the following area.
- Paul and Silas were delivered from imprisonment Act 16:27.
- Joshua and Israel gained access into Jericho to take over the promised land after praising, rejoicing and thanksgiving. Joshua 6:21, 24.
- Jehoshaphat and Judith got a victory on a platter of gold as they had victory over the enemies without a fight. 2 chronicles 20:24-29.
SUMMARY: God deserves praise in season and out of season.
CONCLUSION: In every situation, God demands and deserves our rejoicing and thanksgiving, it is the way out of that difficult situation, can you dare the devil and your enemies today, whatever the situation you are going through, start rejoicing and thanking God and you will be surprised at the great turn around you will experience.
1. Thank God for his divine protection from past lockdown in the 2020/2021 spiritual year and for his faithfulness over your life, family, business, and church.
- Begin to rejoice and thank him over the present lockdown you are facing in any area of life.
- Thank God and praise His Holy name because of the promise that He has overcome the world.
- Father, please release your grace upon all members of RCCG to rejoice and thank you whenever they face any lockdown.
- Father, give Daddy G.O. and his entire family your divine protection in all lockdown situations.
GOLDEN DIET FOR THE WEEK
God is still God no matter the situation. – Genesis-17:1.
Address trails and challenges with God’s words. – John 16:33.
Bless the Lord and be confident in his promises during a lockdown. – 2Corinthians 1:3-4.
Don’t let what you see confuse you about God’s promises. – 2 Corinthians 4:18.
By praising and thanking God during a lockdown, you are strengthening others in the same situations. – job 16:1-6.
Suffering for Christ’s sake is a privilege. – Philippians 1: 29.
Turn to the Holy Spirit to inspire you when in a lockdown situation. – Matthew 10:19-20.
PS: If you would like to have an online course on any of the courses that you found on this blog, I will be glad to do that on an individual and corporate level, I will be very glad to do that because I have trained several individuals and groups and they are doing well in their various fields of endeavour. Some of those that I have trained include the staff of Dangote Refinery, FCMB, Zenith Bank, and New Horizons Nigeria among others. Please come on Whatsapp and let’s talk about your training. You can reach me on Whatsapp HERE. Please note that I will be using Microsoft Team to facilitate the training.
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Fact Check Policy
CRMNIGERIA is committed to fact-checking in a fair, transparent and non-partisan manner. Therefore, if you’ve found an error in any of our reports, be it factual, editorial, or an outdated post, please contact us to tell us about it.