Memory Verse: “Let us choose to us judgement : let us know among ourselves what is good”-Job 34:4
BIBLE PASSAGE: Genesis 13:8-13.
Simply put, choice is the act of picking between two or more possibilities. The power of choice is the strong will to make a decision in the midst of several options. While it is generally opined that man is a choice being, Scriptures clearly establish that God has given man the power to choose. (Joshua 24:15), However, we live with the consequences of the choices we make whether good or bad. The onus lies on us to make the right choices which in turn determine the course of our lives.
- COMMON CHOICES AND CONSEQUENCES
- FACTORS THAT INFLUENCES CHOICES
COMMON CHOICES AND CONSEQUENCES
There are several choices we make in life with their attendant consequences. For instance, the choices we make about food and exercises influences our physical health. (Prov. 25:16). The choices we make about our academic pursuits often affect our careers and obligations. The choices we make in reaction to life’s adversities affect our psychological well being (Prov. 24:10).
- The choice of where to live/settle may determine the peace or discomfort blessings or troubles we will have (Gen. 13:8-11, 19:13; 26:1-2, 12-13).
- The choice of who we marry will determine the bliss we enjoy or the blows we endure (Prov. 18:22; 31:28; Prov. 21:19; 1 Kings 11:4).
- The choice of the friends we keep will determine how far we go and the quality of life we live (Prov. 13:20; 18:24;2 Sam. 13:5;10-14,28-29).
- The choice we make to be different will determine whether or not we will stand out from the crowd (Dan. 1:8,19, Hebrews 11: 24-26).
- The choice we make whether to serve God or not will determine the eternal reward we will get (Joshua 24:15; Revelation 22:11-12).
FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE CHOICES
Many factors influence the choices we make in life. We need to crave for the right knowledge in order to be well informed (Prov. 18:15). Self-Control will help guide our choices and prevent us from making irrational decisions. (James 1:19; 1 Sam. 25:10). We must make good plans and be guided by a good vision before we make a choice. (Ruth 3:1-4; Prov. 16:3,9). More importantly , prayer will enable us to key into the mind of God. (1Sam. 30:7-8; Ps. 37:5,23).
Conversely, pride, hypocrisy, doubt, and negative thoughts among others will hinder us from making the right choices (Prov. 11:2; Ps. 10:4; Is. 32:6; James 1:8). We must strive to always have the correct mind frame all the time (Prov. 4:23).
If we have made a wrong choice in the past, it is time to forgive ourselves and move on with life as we make neccesary corrections to avoid any repetition of such.
1. Give three (3) examples of life’s choices and their consequences.
2. Mention some factors that can hinder us from making the right choices.
Mention five (5) ways ypur choices have affected you either positively or negatively (2*5=10Marks).
PS: If you would like to have an online course on any of the courses that you found on this blog, I will be glad to do that on individual and corporate level, I will be very glad to do that I have trained several individuals and groups and they are doing well in their various fields of endeavour. Some of those that I have trained includes staffs of Dangote Refinery, FCMB, Zenith Bank, New Horizons Nigeria among others. Please come on Whatsapp and let’s talk about your training. You can reach me on Whatsapp HERE. Please note that I will be using Microsoft Team to facilitate the training.
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Fact Check Policy
CRMNIGERIA is committed to fact-checking in a fair, transparent and non-partisan manner. Therefore, if you’ve found an error in any of our reports, be it factual, editorial, or an outdated post, please contact us to tell us about it.
Become Part Of our Fan Base on Facebook. Click Here.
Hi, I now use RavenBank to send, receive and save money. I also pay my bills with ease, you should try it out too