Memory Verse: ” And this is life eternal, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent” – John 17:3.
Bible Passage: Acts 17:22-27.
Within all of us, there exists a strong desire to be known. And to know others. More importantly, there is a void in every individual – a quest to know their creator, even if they are not professed believers in God. The Apostle Paul expressed his desire to truly know God (Phil. 3:10). It is therefore, important to address the issue of seeking and truly knowing God.
1. Seeking God is inevitable
Key to truly knowing God.
Seeking God is Inevitable
Out desire to seek and know more of God is the essence of true life (John 17:3; Jer. 60:4). The thoughts of God should be paramount in our minds because they will determine the value and direction of our lives (Ps. 48:9; 63:6). Seeking God, then, is an ongoing responsibility and privilege for all Christians (Job 5:8). Therefore, Scriptures admonish us to seek God wholeheartedly (Deut. 4:29); early in life (Ps. 63:1; Ecl. 12:1); continually (Ps. 105:4), with joy (Ps. 70:4); by Prayer and supplications, with fasting (Dan. 9:3); through His righteousness (Matt. 6:33) and by studying His word (John 5:39).
Assuredly, those who seek God under the conditions stated above shall find Him (Jer. 29:13); and be satisfied (Matt. 5:6); they shall understand all things (Pro. 28:5) and shall not lack any good thing (Ps. 34:10).
Keys To Truly Knowing God
In an attempt to know God, we must :
1. Receive Jesus Christ into our lives ( John 1:12) : Jesus makes it clear that He alone is the way to Heaven and personal knowledge of God (John 14:6-9).
2. Understand that the Bible is God’s word and a revelation of Himself, His promises, and His will ( John 1:1; Ps. 119:105). The Bible is essentially a love letter written to us from a loving God who created us to know Him intimately ( 2 Tim. 3: 14-17).
3. Be committed to obeying what we read in the Scriptures ( Titus 1:16: John 15:14). We were created to do good works (Eph. 2:10). Not only must we read and understand God’s word, but we must also apply doctrines obediently and remain faithful ( James 1: 21-22).
4. Be committed to prayer, personal devotion, and fellowship with brethren (HEB. 10:25). and always worship God in spirit and in truth ( John 4:23-24).
5. Allow the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us always (Romans 8:14;26-27). Then, our lives can be filled with God, and we can experience knowing Him intimately.
Conclusion: Of we genuinely hunger and thirst to know God, He will reveal Himself to us.
1. How can believers seek God?
2. What are the benefits of seeking God?
Prayerfully follow the guidelines in today’s lesson and work on yourself to seek God daily ( No mark).
PS: If you would like to have an online course on any of the courses that you found on this blog, I will be glad to do that on an individual and corporate level, I will be thrilled to do that because I have trained several individuals and groups and they are doing well in their various fields of endeavour. Some of those that I have trained include staffs of Dangote Refinery, FCMB, Zenith Bank, New Horizons Nigeria, and Phillips Consulting among others. Please come on Whatsapp and let’s talk about your training. You can reach me on Whatsapp HERE. Please note that I will be using Microsoft Team to facilitate the training.
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might disagree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Fact Check Policy
CRMNUGGETS is committed to fact-checking in a fair, transparent and non-partisan manner. Therefore, if you’ve found an error in any of our reports, be it factual, editorial, or an outdated post, please contact us to tell us about it.