Honour Men. RCCG Sunday School Manual.
Memory Verse: “Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King”- 1 Peter 2:17.
Bible Passage: Romans 13:7-8.
In our previous lesson, we learnt about why and how we should honour God. We also learnt the meaning of honour which is to bestow value upon someone or highly esteem another. The Bible exhorts us to give honour to whom it is due (Romans 13:7). In this lesson, we shall attempt to categorise those who deserve honour and how we can honour as well.
- Who Deserves honour?
- How Can We Attain True Honour
Who Deserves honour?
The idea of honouring people is biblical and can be showcased in many of our basic relationships. Here are some of them:
- Citizen-Authority relationships: We are to honour especially those in authority through obedience and demonstration of respect, irrespective of their age or qualification . This comes from the fact that they represent God’s ultimate authority (Romans 13:1-2).
- Laity-Clergy relationships: The Bible speaks of the leadership of the church as deserving ‘double honour’ (1 Timothy 5:17).
- Employee-Employer relationships: We are equally commanded to honour one another in our employee-employee relationships (Eph. 6:5-9).
- Husband-Wife relationships: In a marriage relationship, the husband is expected to love and show appreciation to his wife while she reciprocates with reverence (Eph. 5:33).
- Children-Parents relationships: The command to honour our parents comes with a promise (Ex. 20:12). TO do otherwise attracts untimely death (Matt. 15:4).
On the whole, the Bible admonishes us to honour all men (1 Peter 2:17).
How Can We Attain True Honour ?
The Bible teaches that true honour is found in God (Deut. 26:19). Anyone who wishes to attain true honour must, first of all , have a cordial relationship with God (Ps. 91:14-15). Therefore to attain honour, we must all be righteous (Prov.21:21); humble (Prov. 22:4;Prov. 15:33); wise and intelligent (Prov. 4:7-8); hardworking and diligent (Prov. 22:29); faithful and maintain integrity (Ps.41:12;Prov. 20:7) among others.
CONCLUSION: If we honour those promoted by God, He will honour us too. DO not look down on anyone.
- Mention five (5) categories of people who deserve to be honoured ?
- How can we attain true honour ?
PS: If you would like to have an online course on any of the courses that you found on this blog, I will be glad to do that on an individual and corporate level, I will be very glad to do that because I have trained several individuals and groups and they are doing well in their various fields of endeavour. Some of those that I have trained include the staff of Dangote Refinery, FCMB, Zenith Bank, and New Horizons Nigeria among others. Please come on Whatsapp and let’s talk about your training. You can reach me on Whatsapp HERE. Please note that I will be using Microsoft Team to facilitate the training.
I know you might agree with some of the points raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Fact Check Policy
RCCG Sunday School Manual is committed to fact-checking in a fair, transparent and non-partisan manner. Therefore, if you’ve found an error in any of our reports, be it factual, editorial, or an outdated post, please contact us to tell us about it.