Father, please help me to forbid what You forbid.
PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: The leader should ask the members to describe Ananias and Sapphira, his wife, in the bible.
MEMORY VERSE: Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. – 2 Timothy 2:22
BIBLE TEXT: 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, 1 Corinthians 6:18-20, Galatians 5:19-21 (KJV)
1 Corinthians 6:9-11;
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
1 Corinthians 6:18-20;
18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body, but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Moral according to the English dictionary is concerned with principles of right and wrong behaviours. Morality is perceived as the ability to know and do what is acceptable before God and society. Immorality on the other hand is the violation of moral laws, norms or standards. Morality refers to things that are right while immorality has to do with things that are wrong. It is evil, sinful, or otherwise wrong behaviour. It manifests in the following areas:
– sexual immorality (bestiality – sexual intercourse between human and animal, homosexuality/lesbianism, masturbation, rape, incestuous, transsexuals and so on)
– drug abuse
– stealing or armed robbery
– negative influence of social media
– peer group influence
– love for money and material things etc.
LESSON AIM: To explain vividly the term ‘immorality’ and its types.
TEACHING OBJECTIVES: At the end of the lesson, members should be able to:
i. Give clear causes of immorality.
ii. And its consequences.
TEXT REVIEW: 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Galatians 5:19-21
i. The bible emphasizes through our texts especially 1 Corinthians 6:18-20 the grievousness of immorality as a sin.
ii. That, it is a sin committed against the body.
iii. We must flee from it.
TEACHING METHOD: The leader should use the interactive / discussion method.
TIME MANAGEMENT: Share the teaching time using the suggested time schedule.
LESSON OUTLINES: There are two outlines:
A: CAUSES OF IMMORALITY INCLUDE:
- Over pampering of children. – Proverbs 23:13-14
- Parental negligence. – 1 Samuel 2:29
- State of the economy (poverty, joblessness)
- Negative peer influence.
- The negative influence of social media.
- Idleness (David and Bathsheba in 2 Samuel 11:2-5)
- Lack of contentment. – 1 Timothy 6:6-10
- Spiritual problems.
- Clubbing and partying.
- Being alone with the opposite sex.
- Secular Christianity – Lack of deep spirituality. – 2 Corinthians 5:16-17
- Addiction to alcohol and hard drugs.
B: CONSEQUENCES OF IMMORALITY:
- Unwanted pregnancy may lead to abortion, untimely death etc.
- Drug abusers are more susceptible to diseases like cancer of the brain and lungs.
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
- Immorality breeds single parenthood.
- David was cursed in 2 Samuel 12:10 because he engaged in sexual immorality.
- Eli’s children died prematurely. – 1 Samuel 4:18
- Reuben lost his inheritance as the firstborn. – Genesis 49:1-4
- Unanswered prayers. – Isaiah 59:1-2
- Samson lost his destiny and died prematurely. – Judges 16
- Incurring God’s wrath. – 1 Corinthians 10:8-10
ACTIVITY: What are the causes of immorality?
SUMMARY: Guard your heart jealously because immorality starts from there.
CONCLUSION: The Bible in James 4:7 says “Submit yourself therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” Also, Psalm 24:3-4 and Matthew 5:8 tells us to know that it is impossible to maintain a healthy intimacy with God when our bodies and souls are given over to impurities of any kind.
- Thank God for the salvation of your soul.
- Ask God to break every ungodly relationship in your life by fire.
- Pray for the rapid growth of RCCG spiritually, numerically and materially.
- Pray for Daddy G.O. and His family.
- Personal prayer request.
ASSIGNMENT: Diligently carry out all the daily tasks outlined in the GOLDEN DIET below.
GOLDEN DIET FOR THE WEEK (print or write it out so that you can participate daily):
2 Timothy 2:19-21 – Guard your relationship with Christ jealously.
Genesis 39:7-12 – Flee from immorality like Joseph.
2 Corinthians 6:14 – Don’t be unequally yoked with unbelievers.
1 Thessalonians 5:17 – Consistent prayer life.
Joshua 1:8, Psalm 119:11 – Consistent study of the scripture.
Romans 8:5-8 – Spiritual rebirth
1 Timothy 6:11 – Follow after righteousness.
PS: If you would like to have an online course on any of the courses that you found on this blog, I will be glad to do that on an individual and corporate level, I will be very glad to do that I have trained several individuals and groups and they are doing well in their various fields of endeavour. Some of those that I have trained includes staffs of Dangote Refinery, FCMB, Zenith Bank, New Horizons Nigeria among others. Please come on Whatsapp and let’s talk about your training. You can reach me on Whatsapp HERE. Please note that I will be using Microsoft Team to facilitate the training.
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Fact Check Policy
CRMNIGERIA is committed to fact-checking in a fair, transparent and non-partisan manner. Therefore, if you’ve found an error in any of our reports, be it factual, editorial, or an outdated post, please contact us to tell us about it.