There are strategic considerations for when to use paid search, including:
- Filling gaps where organic is weak: fill hard-to-optimize search gaps in organic listings with paid search campaigns
- Strengthening visibility: appear higher on the results page and provide multiple opportunities to click through both paid and organic links
- Gaining immediate access to market: Immediately target searchers in desired locations with promotional ad copy faster than organic search
- Consumer device preference: Mobile is becoming increasingly important in the buyer’s journey. Mobile and desktop searches are performed for different reasons, sit in different parts of the buyer’s journey and can have very different functions in terms of conversion and user expectation. Optimize visibility for mobile search as PPC ads appear first on mobile devices
Organic searching can serve a different purpose to paid search from both a consumer and advertiser perspective. You may not want to directly invest in certain kinds of keywords as they don’t feature highly in sales or conversions, so knowing the type of search outcome will help you focus on content (SEO) or campaigns (PPC) to help optimise performance and user experience.
You can see the title in the source code by right-clicking on the webpage and selecting “view source code”. It will appear as <title>Corporate Training | Digital Marketing Institute</title>
Why Title Tags are important:
- It’s a heavyweight on-page SEO signal and the single most important place to include keywords
- Getting it right has a direct impact on higher rankings
If you look carefully at the top of an internet browser, you can hover over the tab which is next to the address bar and see the full title tag.
The most important part when optimizing title tags is to get the right blend of keywords. If it looks like one long keyword list, you may be considered a spammer, but if it includes your main keywords (your primary (P1) and secondary (P2) keywords) and is written in natural compelling English, then you should be on track.
One of the reasons we prioritize keyword research is for title tag optimization. This is because it’s hard to work more than three or four keywords into a title tag, so we tend to just focus on the primary and secondary keywords; which are three keywords in total. Often the tertiary keywords (P3) are closely related to the primary and secondary keywords, so they are fairly well represented.
How to optimize title tags:
- Work in keywords (this is the most important part to get right)
- Include main (primary and secondary) keywords
- Main keywords nearer the beginning help
- Don’t keyword stuff
- Use the space provided
- Max space is 600 pixels (around 70 characters including spaces)
- Over 600 pixels get truncated off the SERP listings
- Be descriptive and engaging
- Describe the page in a natural human-friendly language
- Make enticing enough to encourage click-through
Some extra info:
- Common sentence separators are “|” and “-”
- A brand is optional and commonly used after a sentence separator at the end. The exception to this is for the homepage where the brand is typically at the beginning of a title tag.
- Very occasionally Google will write its own Title Tag in the SERPs
This is for a fictitious snowboarding company called “SnoWayBro”. Normally, we pay the most attention to optimizing the P1 keyword and P2 keywords. But in this case, because many of the keywords are so similar in meaning, we managed to accommodate all of the P3 keywords pretty well, asides from “what size snowboard do I need”. That’s because so many of the P3 keywords were close variants of the P1 and P2 keywords, e.g. synonyms or plural/singular differing.
The chosen title tag is: Snowboard Sizing Guide, Charts & Calculator | Sno Way Bro
You can see we have used Portent’s SERP preview tool which helps illustrate what the title tag will look like and whether it’s within the recommended size limits.
Meta description tags are only visible in the SERPs and the source code. You cannot see them when you are viewing the main content of a page. As you’ll find out in this SEO module, there is quite a bit of work involved in ranking for a keyword but one of the most overlooked aspects of SEO is improving the click-through rate in a search engine listing where you actually rank.
You can see the meta tag description in the source code by right-clicking on the webpage and selecting “view source code”. It will appear as <metaname=’description’ content=’ Transform your business by providing digital marketing & social selling training solutions to your employees. Find out how it can impact your business today.
Do you enjoy this article, add Our Posts to your Reading List.
Fact Check Policy
CRMNuggetsis committed to fact-checking in a fair, transparent, and non-partisan manner. Therefore, if you’ve found an error in any of our reports, be it factual, editorial, or an outdated post, please contact us to tell us about it.
Follow Us on Twitter. Click Here.
Many Crypto. One place. UseRoqqu
Hi, I now use RavenBank to send, receive, and save money. I also pay my bills with ease, you should try it out too
To create well-reached content that will increase the intellectual prowess of our readers.
To become a reference point in the blogging space by the year 2030. We want to be among the first 30 blogs in Nigeria.
Official Social Media Pages for crmnuggets.com
To Get Email Updates when we post new content, Click Here.