Memory Verse: “And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought to always pray and not to faint”-Luke 18:1
Bible Passage: Luke 22: 39-46.
Plugged-in knees simply refers to a life of constant prayers. A consistent and persistent prayer life was a regular practice and more of a lifestyle by our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. This exercise was passed upon us more frequently by our Saviour, thus He encouraged His disciples to be fervent , consistent , and persevere in the place of prayer (Luke 18:1). He even propounded the parable of an unjust judge, who was overcome by an unrelenting widow, to do her justice contrary to his inclination.
- THE NEED FOR PERSISTENT PRAYERS
- HOW TO PRAY REGULARLY
‘Plugged-in is to engage wholeheartedly in a task or to be connected. The need for ceaseless prayers is therefore emphasized in the Bible (1 Thess. 5:17) for various reasons. Some of these are:
- To keep the communication between God and his children open (Ps. 55:17).
- To be filled with the power of the Holy Ghost and be bold (Acts 4:31).
- To be guided when there is a need to take a decision (Acts 1:24) or find direction (Gen. 24:12).
- To stand , though the days are evil (Eph. 5:16) and full of sin , error , subtle heretical seducers and sharp persecution (2 Timothy 3:13-14; Matt. 24:12-13).
- For believers in Christ to enjoy the fulness of joy promised them by God all the time (John 16:23-24).
- To stay connected to the parent stock, as a branch, and be fruitful (John 15:5-6).
- To be able to withstand and confront the forces of darkness that seek to destroy God’s children (Eph. 6:12-13).
- To cast out unclean spirits (Matt. 17:19-21).
- For restoration (Judges 16:28) and when agonised (1 Sam. 1:10).
- To bring the flesh under (Matt. 16:41; 2 Cor. 10:3-5) and always look up unto God (Ps. 5:3).
HOW TO PRAY REGULARLY
We pray frequently when we take prayer as a daily task (Ps. 5:3; Ps. 55:17). Live in the reality , that there is a need to pray without ceasing (Mark 14:38). Put God first on any issue by contacting Him through prayers (Ps. 37:5). Be actively involved in praying always (Col. 1:9). Give yourself to prayers (Ps. 109:4). Delight in God when praying (Job 22:26-27). Pray with confidence that God hears and answers will come (John 5:14-15). Pray everywhere (1 Timo. 2:8).
PS: If you would like to have an online course on any of the courses that you found on this blog, I will be glad to do that on an individual and corporate level, I will be very glad to do that because I have trained several individuals and groups and they are doing well in their various fields of endeavour. Some of those that I have trained include the staff of Dangote Refinery, FCMB, Zenith Bank, and New Horizons Nigeria among others. Please come on Whatsapp and let’s talk about your training. You can reach me on Whatsapp HERE. Please note that I will be using Microsoft Team to facilitate the training.
I know you might agree with some of the points raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Fact Check Policy
CRMNUGGETS s committed to fact-checking in a fair, transparent and non-partisan manner. Therefore, if you’ve found an error in any of our reports, be it factual, editorial, or an outdated post, please contact us to tell us about it.