Knowing when to leave your job can be tough when you love the work you do. This can be especially true if you’re working for a well-known or popular company, or if you’ve been at your job for quite some time. However, the longer you stay in one place, the harder it becomes to relocate your career later on down the line. It’s important to recognize signs that it may be time to resign from your job as a designer in order to pursue new opportunities before they pass by.
Do Include a Thank You
It’s very important to be polite enough. Here are examples below:
– Thank you for the opportunity to work with your company. I have enjoyed my time working with your team and am grateful that I had the chance to work with you on this project.
– I wish you all the best in your future endeavors, and thank you again for the opportunity to work with you. It has been a pleasure to be a part of such an excellent company.
– I would like to extend my gratitude for the invaluable experience and knowledge I gained from working with you here at ABC Company Ltd., as well as for allowing me to take on some challenges which allowed me develop skills in different areas of graphic design.
Thank you very much once again!
Do Keep it Short and Sweet
A resignation letter is a thoughtful gesture that will impress your employer, and make the process of leaving less painful.
The following are some dos and don’ts when drafting a letter:
– Do thank your employer for their time
– Don’t include any negative statements about the company or boss
– Do have someone else proofread it before submitting
– Don’t forget to save a copy of the letter on your computer, in case you need it down the line
Do Offer to Help With The Transition
It is never easy to leave a position, but it can be especially hard when the company you are leaving doesn’t see any value in your work. One of the best things you can do is offer to help with the transition by providing training or other assistance.
You may also want to offer to work from home until they find a replacement. As long as it’s not against policy and you don’t put yourself at risk, try to provide as much support as possible during this difficult time.
Don’t let personal feelings seep into your resignation letter: A good resignation letter should always convey appreciation for the time spent at that company. It is important to write a letter that will reflect positively on both parties; if you don’t then there could be potential lawsuits down the line.
Don’t burn any bridges
– Always be professional. It may not seem like a big deal now, but what you say or do may come back to haunt you in the future.
– Don’t make it all about you. Try to show appreciation for the company that helped you get where you are, even if it didn’t work out.
– Don’t burn any bridges. If a co-worker was your friend, take the time to email them with your heartfelt goodbye so they know how much they meant to you.
Also, don’t forget to thank the boss for everything he or she did for you. When you start sending out these letters, it can feel very final; however, there’s always hope that something will change down the line and you’ll end up returning to your old job!
Don’t get too personal
A resignation letter is usually a formal document that is submitted to an employer when one decides to resign from the company. There are no strict guidelines on how to write a resignation letter, so it is best to keep it concise.
Try not to get too personal in the letter because you never know who will end up reading it.
#1 Do address your reason for leaving
Why did you decide to leave? What made you want to leave? How did this decision come about? Were there any specific reasons you decided to take this course of action? Is there anything we can do to change your mind or make the transition easier for you? Please let me know if I can be of any assistance with the process.
#2 Do mention if you’re looking for other work or if they should contact you with new opportunities
I am currently exploring new career opportunities and welcome contact from recruiters concerning positions that might interest me.
Don’t Forget to Update Your Contact Information
It’s important to update your contact information in the letter so that any potential clients who come across it will be able to get in touch with you. Make sure to include your new email address, phone number, and social media accounts if you have them.
PS: If you would like to have an online course on any of the courses that you found on this blog, I will be glad to do that on an individual and corporate level, I will be very glad to do that because I have trained several individuals and groups and they are doing well in their various fields of endeavour. Some of those that I have trained include the staff of Dangote Refinery, FCMB, Zenith Bank, and New Horizons Nigeria among others. Please come on Whatsapp and let’s talk about your training. You can reach me on Whatsapp HERE. Please note that I will be using Microsoft Team to facilitate the training.
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Fact Check Policy
CRMNIGERIA is committed to fact-checking in a fair, transparent and non-partisan manner. Therefore, if you’ve found an error in any of our reports, be it factual, editorial, or an outdated post, please contact us to tell us about it.