Memory Verse: “Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience”. – 1 Timothy 3:9.
Bible Passage: Hebrews 11:3-11.
The ultimate goal of the Christian life is to please God. Pleasing God is accomplished by faith (Heb. 11:6). Faith is the foundation of the Christian life and the principle that brings us to Jesus Christ. An understanding of what faith is will help us grow in our walk with the Lord.
1. A Description of Faith.
2. Stages of Faith.
A Description Of Faith
Faith is the currency of believers (Mark 9:23): when God created the heavens and the earth in Genesis 1:1 , as well as everything we see ( the stars, moon and light), we understand by faith (Heb. 11:3). Faith works where we cannot see (Heb. 11:1). It is the substance of things hoped for. Faith is predicting your future. (Ps. 27:13). It is shaping your future by speaking and confessing it (Mark 11:24). Faith is the act of declaring and decreeing (Mark 11:23; Job 22:28); it is the vehicle that moves God (Matt. 8:9-10: 15:25-28). Faith is the pillar for salvation (Eph. 2:8; Romans 10:9-10); pursuing a Christ-like life is a demonstration of faith (Heb. 10: 38-39).
Stages of Faith
1. The faith that secures our salvation and makes us the followers of Jesus. This is fundamental theology and the fore of what we believe as Christians (Romans 10:4; John 14:6; Eph. 1:13). It is what makes us believers (John 1:12). It is what separates Christianity from other religions (1 John 4:1-3).
2. faith is an act, art and science of believing. It is the practical aspect of our profession as Christians that make is hold on to the word or promises of God against all odds (Romans 4:18-21).
3. The lifestyle of faith. This is when faith has become a lifestyle, we live it. At this stage, it is impossible not to believe in God. We do not stagger at what we see or experience. (Daniel 3:16-18; Acts 21:11-13).
Faith is both a gift and fruit of the Holy Spirit. (1 Cor. 12:9; Gal. 5:22). It is the fuel that keeps us going as believers.
1. Give four (4) descriptions of faith.
2. Mention the three (3) stages of Faith.