Memory Verse: For Moses has said, Consecrate yourselves today to the Lord, every man upon his son, and upon his brother; that he may bestow upon you a blessing this day_. – Ex. 32:39.
BIBLE PASSAGE: Judges 13:3-7.
Consecration is a process or practice of making something sacred, dedicated and set apart for the Lord. It also means the devoting or setting apart of anything or anyone to the worship or service of God (Ex. 28:41). The race of Abraham and the tribe of Levi were thus consecrated (Numbers 3:12). According to the Mosaic Law, the firstborn both of man and beast were consecrated to God (Ex. 13:2; 12 and 15).
1. Means and benefits of consecration
2. Broken consecration
Means And Benefits Of Consecration
A consecrated one is called to a life of purity, free from sin and contamination. How can one be consecrated? The call to personal consecration demands that one presents himself wholly to God (Lev. 11:44; Romans 12:1; 2 Chro. 17:16). and be willing to purge himself of all filthiness of the flesh and spirit ( 2 Timothy 2:21; 2 Cor. 6:2) This is made possible through absolute compliance to divine instructions given by God in His word. ( John 17:17; Psalm 119: 9;Eph 5:26).
Some of the benefits of consecration are:
1. Overflowing blessings ( Ex. 32:29)
2. Overflowing anointing ( Heb. 1:9; 10:38; Acts 5:12).
3. Becoming a chosen vessel of God ( 2 Timothy 2:21; Acts 9:15).
4. Ever abiding presence of God ( Ps. 91:2; Matt. 28: 19-20).
5. Outstanding victory without a fight ( Prov 16:7; 2Chro . 20:15-19).
A broken consecration is a state of contamination of a consecrated person. We have examples of consecrated vessels that were contaminated by one thing or the other:
1. Samson’s consecration was broken by his disobedience and lust for strange women ( Judges 14:1-3; 8-9).
2. Miriam was a prophetess in ( Ex. 15:20-21) but her consecration was broken by envy ( Numbers 12:1-10).
3. Moses’ consecration was contaminated by anger (Ex. 14: 21-28; Numbers 20:7-12).
4. Gideon was set apart for God’s mighty work of deliverance but pride broke his consecration (Judges 7: 20-22; 8:22-27).
5. Comfort contaminated David – the consecrated one (1 Samuel 17: 34-37; 2 Sam. 11: 1-27,).
God is calling you to live a consecrated life unto Him as a particular person and a royal priesthood and He is waiting to see you exhibiting the life of consecrated unto Him. Do not disappoint God.
1. What are the benefits of consecration?
2. Describe a broken consecration.
PS: If you would like to have an online course on any of the courses that you found on this blog, I will be glad to do that on an individual and corporate level, I will be happy to do because I have trained several individuals and groups and they are doing well in their various fields of endeavour. Some of those that I have trained include the staff of Dangote Refinery, FCMB, Zenith Bank, and New Horizons Nigeria among others. Please come on Whatsapp and let’s talk about your training. You can reach me on Whatsapp HERE. Please note that I will be using Microsoft Team to facilitate the training.
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Fact Check Policy
RCCG Sunday School Teachers is committed to fact-checking in a fair, transparent and non-partisan manner. Therefore, if you’ve found an error in any of our reports, be it factual, editorial, or an outdated post, please contact us to tell us about it.