Memory Verse: “If any man defiles the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are”.– 1 Cor. 3:17.
Bible Passage: Prov. 6:23-29, 32-33.
Adultery and fornication are not just sins against God (1 Cor. 6:19-20) but also against one’s soul (1 Peter 2:11) and body (1 Cor. 6:18). Having known the meaning of adultery and fornication as well as their causes, we shall proceed to consider the inherent dangers or consequences of these sins. We need to also find out the antidotes to and/or remedies for adultery and fornication.
- Loss of Dignity and honour (Prov. 6:22-23).
- Exposure to and transfer of curse and affliction (Gen. 49:3-4; Judges 16:1-31).
- Exposure to deadly diseases and unwanted pregnancies (1 Corinth 3: 16-17)..
- Untimely Death (Judges 16: 6,30).
- Eternal destruction and separation from God (1 Cor. 6:9; Revelations 21:8; Heb. 13:4b).
- Have the consciousness of sin and fear God (Gen. 39:9; Romans 6: 12-14).
- Make a covenant with your eyes and flesh not to commit adultery or fornication (Job 31:1).
- Abstain from all appearances or resemblance of sexual immorality (1 Thess, 5:22).
- Do not stay in the corridor of adultery and fornication hoping to resist the temptation. Run away as far as your legs can carry you. Learn from Joseph and do not be like Samson (1 Cor. 6:18; Gen. 39: 10-12; Judges 16:1).
- Get married as soon as you are mature to do so (1 Cor. 7;2; Heb. 13:4a).
- Married couples should strive to mutually satisfy each other in all things and guard against the infiltration of strange women and men (1 Cor. 7:3-5; Prov. 5:18-20).
- Always meditate on the word of God and depend on the strength of the Holy Spirit (Phil. 4:8;13).
- Pray for the grace to exercise self-control and be satisfied at all times and in all things (1 Cor. 7:9; 1 Cor. 9:25).
- Glorify God in your body (1 Cor. 6:20).
CONCLUSION: Run away from every appearance of evil (1 Thess. 5:22). Adultery, as well as fornication, kills.
- Mention and discuss the dangers/ consequences of adultery and fornication.
- Discuss four antidotes of and remedies to adultery and fornication.
PS: If you would like to have an online course on any of the courses that you found on this blog, I will be glad to do that on an individual and corporate level, I will be very glad to do that because I have trained several individuals and groups and they are doing well in their various fields of endeavour. Some of those that I have trained include the staff of Dangote Refinery, FCMB, Zenith Bank, and New Horizons Nigeria among others. Please come on Whatsapp and let’s talk about your training. You can reach me on Whatsapp HERE. Please note that I will be using Microsoft Team to facilitate the training.
I know you might agree with some of the points raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Fact Check Policy
RCCG Sunday School Teachers is committed to fact-checking in a fair, transparent and non-partisan manner. Therefore, if you’ve found an error in any of our reports, be it factual, editorial, or an outdated post, please contact us to tell us about it.