Christian Social Responsibility: RCCG Sunday School Manual.
- 1 OUR MISSION
- 2 OUR VISION
Memory Verse: ” Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven”- Matt. 5:16.
BIBLE PASSAGE: Leviticus 19:9-10.
The God-man relationship is characterized by His Holiness, justice, love and mercy among others. Our relationships with one another and society have to be patterned according to the character of God. (Matt. 22:36-39). Therefore, it is our responsibility as God’s people to care for those around us (1 John 3:10). The attempt of the church to show love and alleviate the sufferings of the people in her immediate environment/community is termed Christian Social Responsibility.
- MEANING AND BIBLICAL PERSPECTIVE
- BENEFITS OF CHRISTIAN SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
MEANING AND BIBLICAL PERSPECTIVE
Christian Social Responsibility (CSR) is a faith based obligation to meet societal needs through the demonstration of love that positively imparts communities and individuals. CSR has its roots in Christianity and the Church is meant to be an example for the world to follow. (MAtt. 5:16). It is an initiative for community relations and to partner with the government in achieving the Global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). CSR could be in the areas of provision of basic amenities , healthcare delivery facilities , education , media , business support, entertainment , governance , sports etc. It involves strategically assessing social challenges and developing appropriate structured programmes to cater for them.
CSR is a core part of the ministry of the church. It is not a 21st Century concept, It has its origin in the bible. For instance, Leviticus 19:9-10; 23:22, instructs us to always make provision for the needy out of our income. In Matt. 14:15-21, Jesus demonstrated the need for CSR when He fed five thousand men (besides women and children). Also, the early Christians distributed wealth to take care of those in need (Acts 2:44-45).
BENEFITS OF CHRISTIAN SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
The benefits of Christian Social Responsibility to the Church and the world are numerous:
- It enables people to actually see and know the meaning of God’s love (1 John 3:16-18).
- It meets the need of less privileged in the society.
- It promotes evangelism and entrenches the Church of God in the hearts and minds of the people we come across (Matt. 5:16).
- It embraces responsibilities for sustainable actions and encourages a positive impact on the environment.
- It compliments government’s efforts in improving and sustaining the standard of living of people in their immediate community.
- It will enable the church to build a good relationship with the community (Gal. 6:10).
- It help believers to represent Jesus physically in their communities (Prov. 13:17; 2 Cor. 5:20).
Christian Social Responsibility is not to seek commendation from men but to show the love of Christ and be a blessing to our community.
1. How can believers impact their immediate environment ?
2. Mention four (4) benefits of CSR to the church and the world at large.
Clear state five (5) areas your Church can engage in Christian Social Responsibility to meet the needs of people in your immediate community (No mark).
Fact Check Policy
CRMNuggetsis committed to fact-checking in a fair, transparent, and non-partisan manner. Therefore, if you’ve found an error in any of our reports, be it factual, editorial, or an outdated post, please contact us to tell us about it.
Follow Us on Twitter.Click Here.
Many Crypto. One place. UseRoqqu
Hi, I now use RavenBank to send, receive and save money. I also pay my bills with ease,you should try it out too
To create well-reached contents that will increase the intellectual prowess of our readers.
To become a reference point in the blogging space by the year 2030. We want to be among the first 30 blogs in Nigeria.
Official Social Media Pages for crmnuggets.com
To Get Email Updates when we post new content,Click Here.