Memory Verse: “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn“-Prov. 29:2.
Bible Passage: Nehemiah 5: 14-19.
Generally, Politics can be described as the methodology and activities associated with running a government, an organisation or a movement. Politics is all about influence. It is the influence that further births positive or negative changes in the lives of the people. The involvement of Christians in politics is neither secular; nor beyond the ideologies of Christianity because it is the desire of God that believers take charge and have influence here on earth (Genesis 1:28; Matt.5:13-16).
To Study the role of Christians in Politics.
Through the lesson, students should be able to:
a. Discover misconceptions about politics.
To achieve the above-stated objectives: teachers should:
a. Allow the students to read the Bible passage, recite the memory verse, review the previous week’s lesson, participate in the class activities and do the assignment.
b. Allow the Assistant teacher to conduct the class, mark attendance and assignment, grade performance and close the class session with a closing prayer.
c. Lead the opening prayer, review the previous week’s lesson, teach the lesson outlines, summarise, conclude, evaluate the lesson and give assignments to the students.
Text Review: Nehemiah 5:14-19.
Nehemiah was a true agent of change and demonstrated the following six spheres of commitment to the people as the Governor of Judah Neh. 5:14.
a. Commitment to transparent and accountable administrations ………………………..vs 14-15a.
b. Commitment to the…………………..v15b.
c. Commitment to the ……………………v16.
d. Commitment to the…………………….v17.
e. Commitment to the…………………….v18.
f. Commitment to the ……………………vb19.
Teaching Method: The Lecture Method.
Time Management: Standard Time for two lesson outlines.
LESSON OUTLINE 1: Misconception About Politics
i. The Teacher should first ask students to explain why many Christians do not get involved in politics. (political apathy).
ii. The Teacher should enumerate the (5) points given below that Christians use as an excuse for not engaging in political activities:
1. Politics is a dirty game and a worldly affair.
2. Political involvements will take one to hell.
3. All politicians are liars corrupt and promiscuous.
4. It is an opportunity to embezzle money or amass wealth unlawfully.
5. Most politicians are fetish or occultic.
iii. Teachers should emphasise the following truths:
a. Although the kingdom of the believers is in heaven, God gave us the earth/land to possess as a possession (Obadiah 1;17).
b. Believers’ heritage includes the country/cities and towns which God had given us. We own it and need to reign on it (Rev. 5;10).
c. The earth is the Lord’s. What belongs to our God belongs to us (Ps. 24:1; Ps. 8:6).
CLASS ACTIVITY 1: Why are people afraid of politics?
LESSON OUTLINE 2: Why Should Christians Be Involved In Politics
In order to disabuse our minds as Christians about our active involvement in politics, we need to consider the following reasons objectively:
1. It is the desire of God that believers take charge and have influence here on earth (Deut. 28:13). We are to take the lead and allow kingdom values to shape our society. (Matt. 5:13-16).
2. The leaders we elect or fail to elect, have a great influence on our freedom, well-being and the fulfilment of our God-given mandate. They can choose to protect our rights to worship and spread the gospel, or prevent us from exercising such rights (Esther 4;14; Daniel 6:7).
3. Politics like other sectors of national development (health,. finance, etc). should be explored to “teach all nations” in order to demonstrate the exemplary life and flavour of goodness (Daniel 6:1-3; Matt. 28:19-20).
4. The involvement of godly Christians in politics will reduce corruption, disorderliness, mischief and other socio-economic vices in the society (2 Chro. 14:1-5; Prov. 29:2).
5. To effect positive and lasting changes that will benefit society (Genesis 41:33-40; Prov. 14:34).
CLASS ACTIVITY 2: What can believers do to eliminate the fear of failure or defeat in politics?
SUMMARY: Believers must be involved in politics.
God is still looking for the righteous few in order to uplift our nations (Genesis 18:32).
Why must believers be involved in politics?
Father, let all Your children awake from political slumber and apathy.
Mention five (5) consequences of appointing or electing ungodly/bad people to lead (2×5=10marks).
PS: If you would like to have an online course on any of the courses that you found on this blog, I will be glad to do that on an individual and corporate level, I will be thrilled to do that because I have trained several individuals and groups and they are doing well in their various fields of endeavour. Some of those that I have trained include staff of Dangote Refinery, FCMB, Zenith Bank, New Horizons Nigeria, and Phillips Consulting among others. Please come on Whatsapp and let’s talk about your training. You can reach me on Whatsapp HERE. Please note that I will be using Microsoft Team to facilitate the training.
I know you might agree with some of the points raised in this article. You might disagree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We would appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
CRMNIGERIA is committed to fact-checking in a fair, transparent and non-partisan manner. Therefore, if you’ve found an error in any of our reports, be it factual, editorial, or an outdated post, please contact us to tell us about it.
As a Student, earn $1.5 (N1,500.00) performing simple 5 Minutes tasks. Here are my withdrawal tasks.
Claim your 1 USDT for reading this post.
Free BNB up for Grab. Click here to claim yours.