In my previous article, I talked about how online shopping has made life easy for people making transactions online. Despite the fact that it is very easy to make transactions online using credit and debit cards, you need to follow some guidelines in order to secure your funds.
In this article, I want to talk about guidelines for ensuring credit card safety. Follow me as we are going to look at that in this article. I will also divide the process into two, I will talk about what you should do before shopping and what you need to do after shopping as well.
Before you shop…
- You have to check if the website in question is a known business entity. Is it a popular e-commerce website or you are just stumbling on it for the very first time.
- There is a need for you to also check for third-party trust verification. There are reputable websites that are saddled with the responsibility of confirming and verifying websites. If there is no symbol of trust on that website, you need to tread softly. The site has to be verified by Verisign and eTrust among other verification bodies.
- You also need to look out for the review of other users. You can Google sites where you can find comments of other users who have visited the site and transact with them at one time or another.
- You also need to review the privacy statement of the website. This will give you an idea of the rights that you have under the law.
- You need to use only one credit card for all your online transactions.
- Keep records of all your online transactions.
- Do not share your credit card information with anyone.
These are some of the steps that you need to take while you are shopping…
- Disclose only required personal information. Be discreet.
- Ensure that you are using a secured computer and using a secured site.
- Adopt the use of a strong password.
- Use one-click shopping continuously.
- Check for a confirmation email after an online purchase or transaction.
PS: If you would like to have an online course on any of the courses that you found on this blog, I will be glad to do that on an individual and corporate level, I will be delighted to do that because I have trained several individuals and groups and they are doing well in their various fields of endeavour. Some of those that I have trained include the staff of Dangote Refinery, FCMB, Zenith Bank, and New Horizons Nigeria among others. Please come on Whatsapp and let’s talk about your training. You can reach me on Whatsapp HERE. Please note that I will be using Microsoft Team to facilitate the training.
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Fact Check Policy
CRMNAIJA is committed to fact-checking in a fair, transparent and non-partisan manner. Therefore, if you’ve found an error in any of our reports, be it factual, editorial, or an outdated post, please contact us to tell us about it.