In many of my previous articles, I have discussed it that you need to make sure that you backup your data. When you do data backup, you are protecting your data from eventual loss. Having a data backup will ensure that you are able to quickly restore your data if anything happens to your data. In this article, I want to show you some data backup checklists that you need to consider when you need to back up your data. Follow me as we are going to look at this together in this article.
Here are some of the data backup checklists…
- Backup important documents, photos, and favourite emails to CD, DVD or any other external device at regular intervals.
- Keep backup data in a safe place.
- Keep important data in multiple locations
- Use encryption techniques to protect data
- Check for automated backup and scheduling features when selecting a backup tool and service as manual backups are liable to human error.
- If you are using an online backup and data recovery service, check the service provider’s stability and track record.
- Continue to verify your backup service for effectiveness.
Physical security checklists…
- Survey the building and deal with obvious problems.
- Use strong doors for locks and windows.
- Install appropriate air conditioning and fire detection in special rooms.
- Maintain a temperature of less than 30 degrees centigrade and humidity between 20 and 80 percent in the computer room.
- Make a backup of sensitive information and keep it in a safe place.
- Minimise the amount of sensitive information and papers left on desks.
- Lock the documents in cabinets.
PS: If you would like to have an online course on any of the courses that you found on this blog, I will be glad to do that on an individual and corporate level, I will be very glad to do that because I have trained several individuals and groups and they are doing well in their various fields of endeavour. Some of those that I have trained include the staff of Dangote Refinery, FCMB, Zenith Bank, and New Horizons Nigeria among others. Please come on Whatsapp and let’s talk about your training. You can reach me on Whatsapp HERE. Please note that I will be using Microsoft Team to facilitate the training.
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Fact Check Policy
CRMNIGERIA is committed to fact-checking in a fair, transparent and non-partisan manner. Therefore, if you’ve found an error in any of our reports, be it factual, editorial, or an outdated post, please contact us to tell us about it.