When we talk of marketing communication, from the word we can see that it has much to do with sending and receiving messages that go on between prospects and the organization in the process of drawing them into the lifecycle of the organization.
One of such mediums of communication that is used is the process of educating leads so that they can make decisions of becoming a customer or not.
Management email is used in two ways in marketing automation, this can be inbound or outbound. Inbound e-mail management capabilities assist organizations in handling organization to extend personalization techniques to multiple communication types.
|Objectives of this article
At the end of this article, readers should be able to:
Outbound email management capabilities provide the ability to construct and execute permission-based marketing campaigns. (Where the dialogue has been started with a customer via e-mail communications) and are said to be up to twenty percent more successful than traditional direct marketing at a fraction of the cost.
While communication channels vary, email is emerging as a popular communication channel. Most businesses, therefore, use e-Newsletters as part of the marketing mix.
The response and conversion rates associated with email marketing have been on the rise and have also been found to be an effective method of customer acquisition and retention.
You should know that sales and lead generation are the popular criteria that are used in evaluating the effectiveness of marketing-related activities.
You should be able to know the rate at which your email marketing is yielding results. You should know that your email marketing can yield results by getting the right message to the right persons.
Email campaigns are very cost-effective, they have a high return on investment, they are said to be capable of generating at least three times the cost of the campaign in new business.
Email marketing has the capability of targeting and sending mass E-mails.
The organization can generate a database and send mass emails to potential leads who might be interested in their products and services.
E-mail marketing also has the potential of generating mass responses to mass e-mails.
It will give the organization ample time needed in order to respond to the customers’ requests individually.
There is also the use of a decision engine to parse information from incoming e-mail correspondence.
The decision engine will be able to look at the emails and decide on potential leads that can be followed up so that they can be dragged into the customer life cycle of the organization.
There should also be crafting responses to incoming emails without human intervention.
This will prevent staff from intervening in the process as they are capable of misrepresenting the organization. This is also needed due to the large number of people that are involved in the process.
Email management is very valuable as it is capable of being personalized.
There have also been speculations about the utility of mass customization when the focus of CRM initiative is ‘relationship’ enhancement.
This is addressed through Analytical CRM components, where specific data about the customer is transformed into useful information.
At the end of this chapter, we discovered. How Email management is becoming one of the popular ways of getting new customers.
- We have two types of email management which are inbound and outbound.
- An email has the capability of reaching out to many people, generating automatic responses, and deciding on whether a particular lead of becoming a customer or not.
- The main benefit of email management is that it is capable of being personalized in order to meet the need of the user. But the main essence of it is that it allows organizations to use basic information about the customer for the benefit of meeting them at the right place with the right products and services.
- What is Marketing Communication?
- What are some of its features?
- Discuss the capabilities of E-mail marketing.
- The new organization that you worked for has received numerous complaints that some staff in the organization have a lackadaisical attitude towards customer-related issues. What are the practical ways of correcting this anomaly among your staff?
To Get Email Updates when we post new content, Click Here.